WHAT ARE WOOD WOOL CEMENT BOARDS AND WHERE THEY ARE USED
Those who are interested in buying building materials often have a difficult task. The modern market is oversaturated with products from many manufacturers. They offer materials with almost the same properties, but at different prices. It is difficult to decide on the choice of the unconversant person. To compare materials and make the right decision, you need to know as much about them as possible. Fibroplit, Ltd produces wood wool cement boards — composite material with a wide scope of application in construction. Many consider wood wool cement boards (WWCB) as novices in the construction market, but this is not quite true.
HISTORY OF WOOD WOOL CEMENT BOARDS
In the USSR, the first WWCB began to be produced in 1938 at the plant of heat-insulating materials. 37 years later, the boards were produced at 45 plants, and the total production volume was 3 million m3 per year. However, the WWCB has not been widely applied.
Production capacities of those times were poorly automated, the technology was not observed, because of this poor quality and expensive products were left to the consumer, which could not compete with traditional materials. Soon the production of boards decreased tenfold.
CHEREPOVETS PLYWOOD AND FURNITURE MILL, JSC,Т
AND FIBROPLIT, LTD
Cherepovets Plywood and Furniture Mill has existed since 1958. In the USSR the mill was one of seven large enterprises producing sawn timber. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the mill became a closed joint-stock company. For 10 years it produced products according to old plans and standards.
Since 2002, there has been an active development, which has not ceased to this day. The company modernizes production lines, installs imported equipment, automates production, certifies products according to European standards.
In 2017, the construction of the mill “Fibroplit” (part of the group of Cherepovets Plywood and Furniture Mill, JSC) began. The company installed equipment of the company Eltomation B.V. from the Netherlands, the world's only supplier of equipment for manufacturers of wood wool cement boards. This solution allowed the production in Cherepovets of a new generation of WWCB— European quality, but at a lower price.
The first board was released in 2018. In 2019, the production reached a design capacity of 100 m3 of boards per year.
WHAT ARE WOOD WOOL CEMENT BOARDS
Modern wood wool cement boards are 100% eco-friendly plates building material. It consists of: 60% of wood chips, 39.5% M500 portland cement (white or grey) and 0.5% liquid glass (sodium silicate). WWCB is used in industrial, civil and private construction. Due to good performance of the boards surpass in a number of indicators traditional building materials — OSB, gypsum board, cement-and-wood-particle slab.
STRUCTURE OF THE WOOD WOOL CEMENT BOARD
Previously, when creating boards, no one followed the arrangement of wood chips, in the WWCB new generation the fibers are placed strictly horizontally, so the boards are very strong.
Wood wool cement boards key benefits:
1. Safety — do not emit toxic substances, which is confirmed by the certificate from the head center for hygiene and epidemiology of Moscow.
2. High fireresistance — G2 flammability class (hardly combustible). B1 combustibleness group (inflame-resistant).
3. High vapor permeability — there is no greenhouse effect in the room decorated with WWCBs.
4. High thermal energy storage capacity — keep heat well. Thermal conduction comparable with polystyrene foam (plastic foam). Thermal conduction of boards with density 450 kg/m3 — 0.063 W/m2, plastic foam — 0.041 W/m2.
5. High sound-insulating capacity — sound-absorbing coefficient of 12.5 mm board with thickness 0.61 (sound frequency 250 Hz), in gypsum board at the same parameters coefficient 0.10.
6. Durable — do not rot, resistant to fungus development, are not exposed to termites and insects.
7. Easy to mount — enough screwdriver and hardware.
8. Compatible with many finishing materials.
COMPOSITION OF WOOD WOOL CEMENT BOARDS
There are only three materials in the board. Let's dwell on each of them in more detail.
The wood chip are produced from coniferous and hardwood refuse wood, and use ecologically clean and durable trees growing in the north of Russia.
Liquid glass (sodium silicate) is used as a binder. Sodium silicate increases the adhesion of wood and gives the board the following properties:
· Reduces the degree of flammability.
· Increases noise insulation properties.
· Protects against rotting, fungus and insects.
By the way, liquid glass is absolutely safe — it is used in the food industry for sterilization of containers.
CONSTRUCTION OF HOUSES
Due to fireresistance and strength WWCBs are suitable for dead formwork of foundations in monolithic construction, for production of sandwich panels in frame construction.
They are used in mounting roofs, base slabs, as well as thermal insulation layer for weatherization of floors, ceiling and base slabs, for external and internal wall siding.
· When roofing works on boards, it is possible to melt materials with the help of a burner.
· Easily processed by hand and circular saw, jigsaw, cutter.
· On the surface of WWCBs glued wallpaper, applied plaster and paint.
· Quickly mounted thanks to the connection grooves.
· Do not rot or moldy.
· There are no insects in the boards.
FOR MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS
WWCBs are safe for health: they are free of toxic substances and they do not create dust. Therefore, they are suitable for premises with high requirements for sterility: laboratories, hospital wards, etc.
FOR HOME AND PUBLIC CINEMAS
Acoustic panels with wood wool cement boards weigh less analogues, better absorb sounds, easy and fast mounting. WWCBs comply with fire safety standards FZ No. 123-FZ and can be used in halls with a capacity of up to 300 people (KM1 class boards).
WHAT THE MILL OF WOOD WOOL CEMENT BOARDS OFFERS
The mill produces products of various densities — from 400 to 570 kg/m3. The size of the board can be determined by the customer himself: maximum length 2.4 meters, width 0.6 meters.
If necessary, make plates with grooves, bevelled, or quadruple connection units.
At the request of the customer, the board can be painted in the chosen colour according to the RAL system or any other.
Due to the convenient location of Cherepovets - between Moscow and St. Petersburg - fast and uninterrupted supply of materials, including wholesale parties to any city of Russia is established.
Most of our products are exported to Europe, CIS and Eastern countries. We deliver the boards on trucks or by rail.